slideshow header

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Senior-ish sesh with Liz

If you live in the Louisville area, you know that yesterday was like a gift from God.  No snow, no rain, 55 degrees outside, soft breeze.....ahhhhh....  A photographer's (and momma's) delight.  So, that meant I was able to get together with my friend Liz for little photo session without freezing my fingers off.  Hooray!

Here's a little interesting back story about my pal, Liz:  Liz and I were both art ed. majors at Southeast Missouri State University.  However, since I was about 1 year ahead of Liz, we mostly saw each other in passing during college until the day before Kyle and I moved to the "The Big L" (okay, no one says that...but it's more fun then just saying "Louisville").  So, back to my story, we were chatting at the Missouri Art Educators Conference in St. Louis (Yeah, I went to that the day before moving to another state.  What?) when Liz told me that she was also going to be moving to Louisville in a year because her then fiance/now husband is from Louisville.  What a coincidence!  So, she told me to let her know if I found out about any art teacher positions for her....I'm pretty sure she didn't think much about this comment.  Well, long story short - we ended up working together in the same school.  That is, until I had a baby and ditched Liz for mommy-hood.  Sorry Liz!  We still get together though and "art" as we say....mostly talk....but also get our art on.

Now that you know that heart-warming story, here are some photos of beautiful and spunky Liz!   Thanks for modeling as a "senior" for me!


Gorgeous! 



Isn't this building cool?  I love finding locations like this!



I love how Liz kinda looks like part of the mural in this one.  Oh yeah, do you see Muhammad Ali?




3 comments: