slideshow header

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Before and After

I think there is a common misconception that all you need is an amazing camera in order to take amazing photos.  Well, let me tell ya - I have seen a lot of crummy photos taken with great cameras and I will be the first to admit that I have taken some pretty bad photos myself.  Photography is about knowing your camera, creativity, knowing how to engage with other people, good editing skills and the list goes on....  It takes A LOT of time to learn how to take a good photo and how to edit it properly to create a beautiful art piece.  And, it takes a lot of time to actually take and edit photos.

P.S.  Even the most skilled photographer will tell you that they feel that they have more to learn with photography.  It's an art form that is always evolving.


Now, I know I have a ton to learn.  But, I also know I have come a long way from where I first started a couple years ago.  It has taken a lot of time researching and practicing to learn the skills I now have and I only hope to continue getting better as time goes by!

Remember how I said photography takes time (i.e. especially editing)?  Check out this straight out of camera shot and final edited photo comparison of my adorable niece:



Big difference, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment