slideshow header

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Affordable Art Show


So, I recently submitted some art work to Sojourn Community Church (to find out more about Sojourn click here) for their Affordable Art Show that will be taking place during their Fall Festival (I will post more info on that later!).  Sounds fun, right?  Anyway, I found out today that my work was accepted!  Hooray!  Kyle and I are not members of Sojourn but we do LOVE the creative ministries they have at their church.  Plus, the entries were open to anyone, so why not?

Here is a peak at what I will be selling at the Art Show, which you MUST come to if you are in Louisville on Oct. 16th!!!!  Not only will there be art, there will also be LIVE music, FREE food, and kids GAMES.  As you can tell, I'm pretty pumped about this.





The large pieces are 12x16 and the small pieces are 6x8.  I got the idea to make these from looking through children's art in various places and finding it....cheesy?  I wanted to create something that could be fitting for a child's room but could also easily fit in another place of the home as well.  Each piece is designed and distressed by hand, so no two pieces are exactly alike.  The artwork is considered mixed media, consisting of: wood, acrylic paint, paper, matte medium and jute for hanging.  










So there you go!  I will try to get more artwork posted soon.

Here are the prices:

12x16 - $25  or 2 12x16 for $45

6x8 - $10 or 3 6x8 for $25

No comments:

Post a Comment